Lafayette Public Charter School
August 17th-21st, 2020
What’s New at LCS
Greetings LCS Families!
School is less than 2 weeks away. Hopefully everyone has had time to read our in-person learning plan. If not, there’s a link to it on our website. We’re excited to finally fill these empty corridors with student voices! Class assignments are as follows:
Pre-k Mrs. Reinhart
K Mrs. Clobes
1/2 Ms. Sullivan
3rd Mrs. Walters
4/5 Ms. Larson
6-8 Mrs. Petersen
*Teachers will be contacting Distance Learning families with their schedule and expectations within the week.
We look forward to seeing you at Open House on Thursday, August 20th. Please see your time below (according to last names)
- 4pm-5pm Last names that begin with letters A-G
- 5pm-6pm Last names that begin with letters H-Q
- 6pm-7pm Last names that begin with letters R-Z
Students can bring their school supplies this evening, visit with their teacher, and see their classroom! We have gone as paperless as possible, almost all forms can now be filled out on-line through JMC. Please call the office if you need your log-in information. We will also have bus schedules and information at this time. If these times don’t work for your family let us know and we are happy to work with you.
SAVE THE DATE
Thursday, September 17th – We will have our annual parent input meeting at 6:00pm. We want to encourage you to come, we will discuss our In-Person Learning Model, programs, schedules, and concerns you may have. This is a great chance for us to hear from you – the stakeholders – and work together in creating goals and plans for the future of LCS. Please come if you are able.
Interested in being a voice for LCS? We’re currently seeking individuals to join the LCS School Board. Contact Natasha Petersen for more information.
Teacher/Para Subs WANTED
Interested in subbing? LCS is currently looking for substitute paras and teachers. For more information, contact Natasha Peterson at 507-228-8943.
Want to help give back to LCS? Check this out!
MORE School Rewards program
1) Sign up for MORE Rewards at moreRewards.com or any participating Coborn’s, Cash Wise, or Marketplace. Foods store. Designate your preferred school (Lafayette Charter School) by logging into your account at moreRewards.com or via the MORE Rewards mo- bile app.
2) Shop Coborn’s, Cash Wise, and Marketplace Foods stores Food Club, Full Circle, Top Care, @ease, Paws & Tippy Toes brand products to earn points for your school. There are more than 3,000 qualifying items!
3) The points your school earns will help grow their share of the $150,000 total. It’s like a pie – the size of your school’s slice will depend on how many points they have received. School Rewards funds can be used for whatever your school or organization needs!
*Learn more or get started today at moreRewards.com/school*
Dates to Remember!
August 17th-20th: Welcome Back Teachers!
August 20th: Back-to-School Open House/Pre-Conferences 4-7pm (Last names A-G @ 4-5pm.. Last Name H-Q @ 5-6pm… Last Name R-Z @ 6-7pm)
August 25th: First day of School Pre-K-8th grade
August 28th: NO SCHOOL
This menu is subject to change. Fresh vegetables are utilized in the daily menu whenever possible. Vegetables will vary dependent on the availability in our Farm to School Program. Whole wheat grain products are used unless otherwise noted. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Our Lunch Program is Offer vs Serve. See handbook for more information